During its annual Connect developer event, Microsoft has announced the opening towards new platforms, consisting of:
- Joining the Linux Foundation as a Platinum Member to better collaborate with the open source community
- Welcoming Google to the independent .NET Foundation
- Working with Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. to enable .NET developers to build apps for more than 50 million Samsung devices worldwide
Get to know more about further announcements: http://news.microsoft.com/2016/11/16/microsoft-contributes-to-open-ecosystem-by-joining-linux-foundation-and-welcoming-google-to-the-net-community/Read more+
Microsoft’s Power BI Business Intelligence solution gets expected new features for October 2016 update.
The developers, working on Microsoft’s Power BI self-service Business Intelligence solution have done a great job again in the month of October. The newest update includes novelties on a large scale, that have been expected for a long time. Grape Solutions Plc’s field expert has compiled a bunch of new and innovative functions to present, about the recent update of the Microsoft Business Intelligence solution.
We hope you will find pleasure in our guidance.
You can also view most of the developments in the form of a video:
The teams of Redmond have made new developments and additions to MS Power BI.
Let us see what those are! Report view:
- There was a development made in the case of the line diagram’s date area. The denotation of the beginning and closing time got included in the visualization bar X-axis view:
- The next Power BI improvement is the previously well-known and frequently used slicer’s capability of affecting the date range. On figures 1-2. it is presented how it can be used as a slider, as well as the beginning and closing date can be selected from the drop-down menu. On figure 3., as a drop-down menu and on figure 4,it is presented how different range functions are available under between.
- The ones working mostly with Desktop BI version, will receive assistance by a service in preview status; the Show Grid and Adjust Objects To Grid options situated under the Viewmenu:
- Enhancement of data labeling There is an option now to label columns vertically, extending the previously horizontal-only labeling as well as providing ability to define the position of the label compared to the diagram.
Analytics 1. Grouping: marking the two European countries (France and Germany), and pushing the right mouse button Introuction of a new legend (groups) and respective label (quadrant, connected at the edges)
In the next step they are displayed together:
(Works well in a field of heavy MS Power BI use, like an HR report. For example, there can be candidates with different experience levels (junior, midlevel, senior), who need to be treated together occasionally.)
- TOP N szűrő It has been long expected, to align according to TOP condition and this has now been delivered. The two fields affecting the type of filtering was extended with a TOP (BOTTOM) N option. It is demonstrated through a graph of car makers and sales figures in our case. At the TOP N position we input the reuired number (10), and just like that, the drill-down is conducted.
Dyagnostics has also developed. On the following acces path, clicking „Copy session diagnostics to clipboard” we receive a substantial amount of information.
This is most of the functionality of the Power BI’s october update.Read more+
Posted in News, December 1, 2016
In this year, OFA Nonprofit Ltd. granted awards for “Responsible Enterpreneur of the Year” for the first time in three different enterprise segments (micro/SME, midmarket and government sector)
Within SME segment, Grape Solutions Plc. was among the 3 enterprises that had been awarded with the highest score, concerning the quality and comprehensiveness of the CSR application submitted.
We would like to express our sincere honor and say thank you for being awarded for our accomplishments in the Corporate Social Responsibility area and also wish to say congratulations to the winners of each categories!