Posted in News, July 22, 2013
Our customer was looking for a fair priced solution to merge multiple SharePoint 2010 installations into one 2013 installation based on unique requirements.
We based the granular content migration on one of our core technologies we already utilized by our customers, which can realize any potential content migration path between SharePoint installations of versions 2007, 2010 and 2013.
Main characteristics of the tool are the following:
- Full-scale, granular migration of lists: schema, data, content types, views, folders, versions, meta-data es permissions
- Automatic normalization of list and field names along with all dependencies
- Migration between arbitrary source and destination language versions
- Conversion of user accounts from multiple domains, replacement of deleted/disabled accounts as per configuration
- Automatic, binary level conversion of Word and Excel documents of earlier versions to the newest/desired Office version format
- Migration of hyperlinks found in Word/Excel documents and any textual fields based on configuration
- Support for extraordinary list sizes (>100GB)
With customizing our core technology to meet the customer demands, we implemented a successful migration.