According to New IDC Software Tracker Release, Western European software market increased 4.6% year over year in constant currencies during the first half of 2016. On-premise software sales grew 0.9% year over year, while software revenue from public cloud services grew 33.2%. As a share of total software, public cloud services went from 11.6% of software in 1H15 to 14.7% in 1H16.
The software market is highly fragmented and the top 10 vendors control less than half of the total market. Among the top vendors, some fared well in 1H16, while others did less well. Microsoft came in first place, boasting a 13.5% market share in 1H16.
Get to know more about: http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prEMEA41981416Read more+
During its annual Connect developer event, Microsoft has announced the opening towards new platforms, consisting of:
- Joining the Linux Foundation as a Platinum Member to better collaborate with the open source community
- Welcoming Google to the independent .NET Foundation
- Working with Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. to enable .NET developers to build apps for more than 50 million Samsung devices worldwide
Get to know more about further announcements: http://news.microsoft.com/2016/11/16/microsoft-contributes-to-open-ecosystem-by-joining-linux-foundation-and-welcoming-google-to-the-net-community/Read more+
Microsoft’s Power BI Business Intelligence solution gets expected new features for October 2016 update.
The developers, working on Microsoft’s Power BI self-service Business Intelligence solution have done a great job again in the month of October. The newest update includes novelties on a large scale, that have been expected for a long time. Grape Solutions Plc’s field expert has compiled a bunch of new and innovative functions to present, about the recent update of the Microsoft Business Intelligence solution.
We hope you will find pleasure in our guidance.
You can also view most of the developments in the form of a video:
The teams of Redmond have made new developments and additions to MS Power BI.
Let us see what those are! Report view:
- There was a development made in the case of the line diagram’s date area. The denotation of the beginning and closing time got included in the visualization bar X-axis view:
- The next Power BI improvement is the previously well-known and frequently used slicer’s capability of affecting the date range. On figures 1-2. it is presented how it can be used as a slider, as well as the beginning and closing date can be selected from the drop-down menu. On figure 3., as a drop-down menu and on figure 4,it is presented how different range functions are available under between.
- The ones working mostly with Desktop BI version, will receive assistance by a service in preview status; the Show Grid and Adjust Objects To Grid options situated under the Viewmenu:
- Enhancement of data labeling There is an option now to label columns vertically, extending the previously horizontal-only labeling as well as providing ability to define the position of the label compared to the diagram.
Analytics 1. Grouping: marking the two European countries (France and Germany), and pushing the right mouse button Introuction of a new legend (groups) and respective label (quadrant, connected at the edges)
In the next step they are displayed together:
(Works well in a field of heavy MS Power BI use, like an HR report. For example, there can be candidates with different experience levels (junior, midlevel, senior), who need to be treated together occasionally.)
- TOP N szűrő It has been long expected, to align according to TOP condition and this has now been delivered. The two fields affecting the type of filtering was extended with a TOP (BOTTOM) N option. It is demonstrated through a graph of car makers and sales figures in our case. At the TOP N position we input the reuired number (10), and just like that, the drill-down is conducted.
Dyagnostics has also developed. On the following acces path, clicking „Copy session diagnostics to clipboard” we receive a substantial amount of information.
This is most of the functionality of the Power BI’s october update.Read more+
Posted in News, December 1, 2016
In this year, OFA Nonprofit Ltd. granted awards for “Responsible Enterpreneur of the Year” for the first time in three different enterprise segments (micro/SME, midmarket and government sector)
Within SME segment, Grape Solutions Plc. was among the 3 enterprises that had been awarded with the highest score, concerning the quality and comprehensiveness of the CSR application submitted.
We would like to express our sincere honor and say thank you for being awarded for our accomplishments in the Corporate Social Responsibility area and also wish to say congratulations to the winners of each categories!
Posted in News, February 19, 2016
Grape Solutions was participating as a speaker at the “Microsoft Future Decoded 2016” conference. Ferenc Csonka, Technical Team Leader of the BI team at Grape Solutions, held an interesting presentation about the facts and future trends of BI & Analytics.Read more+
Posted in News, February 11, 2016
Adacta is a technology services and outsourcing company based in the central and eastern European region (Ljubljana, Slovenia) offering its services to insurers, banks and other financial institutions, telecommunications and information providers as well as pharmacy and food processing industry. The company provides services in consulting, development, implementation, and maintenance support activities for its clients.
Adacta’s AdInsure is a modern Windows based application designed for Easter European insurers with agents out in the field. The system offers modern technology and good functionality at an affordable price. Client reference feedback was particularly strong — highlighting the customer service desktop and configuration capability. Thanks to the application, growth in number of deals in the region is also impressive.Read more+
Posted in News, October 2, 2015
Posted in News, June 12, 2015
Grape Solutions was acting as a speaker at the Speaker at Software Testing 2015 conference. Gergő Hortobágyi, the lead of mobile development at Grape Solutions, made an interesting presentation about the Automatization of Mobile Application Testing.
Posted in News, May 19, 2015
The application of Grape Solutions, called mediVIR in the Cloud was awarded with 2nd place on the Invitel InnoMax Award 2015 in the Business category for companies with 20-69 employees.
We are planning to go for the award in the next year too with an other innovative solution of ours.
Further information about the award can be found on the following link:Read more+
Posted in News, June 2, 2014
Successful Healthcare BI presentation day was held on 14th of May 2014 at Uzsoki Utcai Hospital with the recommendation of the Hungarian Hospital Association. The program was organized by Grape Solutions and Microsoft Hungary. Large number of representatives of the member hospitals of the Association was attending the event.Read more+